Sr. IT Auditor
Company: CommScope Inc.
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network-our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers- we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As a Senior IT Auditor in Hickory, NC, Joliet, IL or Westcheter, IL, you will participate on an integrated team of professionals in a dynamic environment that includes pursuit of continuous improvement of our practices. The Corporate Audit & Advisory role involves assessing business processes and internal controls for risk-based audits; conducting and leading operational, financial, IT and compliance audit projects; identifying business risks and best practices; providing insight and value to management on matters of risks and controls; providing input to development of the annual audit plan; and developing individual and team professional competencies. Maintain organizational and professional standards. Work independently under general supervision with the opportunity to demonstrate initiative and judgment.
Duties and Responsibilities--
- Assist with audit project planning which includes developing risk assessment, audit scope, and time budget.
- Conduct risk assessment interviews/meetings with audit beneficiaries and key participants.
- Utilize Corporate Audit & Advisory standard project processes, milestones, and templates.
- Identify and document Information Technology General Controls (ITGCs), application controls for business systems, and IT processes.
- Define steps to analyze the design and operating effectiveness of ITGCs and application controls. This includes identification of population, selection of sample, and proficiency with computer systems.
- Analyze information and data to assess the design and operating effectiveness of ITGCs and application controls and identify process improvements.
- Execute audit procedures and document results of testing. This includes being familiar with audit software, data interrogation tools, and documentation standards.
- Conduct interviews and take notes sufficient to understand a specific process or system and to test assigned areas.
- Communicate nature of control deficiencies to CommScope management.
- Prepare well-written audit findings, including remediation recommendations, and submit timely to engagement management for review.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and develop the audit report executive summary, prioritize audit findings, and assign appropriate risk ratings.
- Complete assignments related to development of process documentation, tests of configuration of ERP controls, tests of electronic audit evidence (EAEs), and evaluation of reports on controls at service organizations in support of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) framework.
- Lead audit projects demonstrating the ability to review staff audit work to ensure it is well organized, meets test objectives, and is in compliance with appropriate workpaper documentation standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to coach staff auditors and provide timely feedback on staff performance to the engagement manager.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with management and Corporate Audit & Advisory team through individual contact and meetings.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including internal and external training, utilizing membership of professional organizations and sharing information with co-workers.
- Exercise discretion in the review of records to ensure confidentiality of all matters that come to the auditor's attention.
- Travel to domestic and foreign locations (where English may not be the first language).--
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related curriculum required.--
- 2+ years of related experience, including project management or audit experience, with one or more of the following designations, CPA/CIA/CISA required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within diverse teams.
- Action oriented, sets priorities, and maintains a drive for completing assignments.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in a variety of settings and styles.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software applications (e.g. Microsoft products).----
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and COSO framework
- Experience with audit (e.g. TeamMate) and data interrogation software (e.g. IDEA
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: CommScope Inc., Hickory , Sr. IT Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!