Company: Shurtape Technologies, LLC
Posted on: November 6, 2019
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for fixed asset
accounting, shareholder accounting, analyses and reconciliations
between systems and general accounting for several small corporate
level entities, which includes: journal entries, financial
statement preparation and the financial consolidation process.
Other duties include, assisting in bank reconciliations, payroll
entries, budget preparation, account analysis, miscellaneous
related special projects and/or ad hoc reporting. This position
requires attention to detail and proficiency with financial systems
as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines and perform a
multitude of accounting duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for fixed asset accounting.
* Assist in accounting responsibilities for several small corporate
level entities, shareholder activities, and tax payments as
* Analyze and correct differences between SAP FI-CO and Business
* Provide support in cash management and bank reconciliations.
* Assist with the month/quarter-end closing and reporting
* Process weekly and bi-weekly payroll entries.
* Coordinate monthly general ledger activities including journal
entries and report generation.
* Assist with the development of annual budgets and forecasts.
* Prepare timely and accurate financial and management reports.
* Participate in annual audits and tax package preparation.
* Ensure compliance with federal, state and internal policies and
* Process Sales and Use Tax returns for various states.
* Contribute in continuous improvement initiatives.
* Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Assist in the maintenance and improvement of company's internal
* Prepare accurate general ledger account reconciliations.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, problem
solving and multi-tasking abilities.
* Ability to work independently.
* Cognitive ability to prepare reports and presentations.
* Strong communication skills, written and verbal, including
* Ability to think strategically and see the big picture in a
dynamic business environment.
* Ability to work effectively with internal and external
* Strong time management skills to ensure deadlines are met.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
* BA/BS in Accounting or Business-related field.
* CPA or MBA preferred
* Experience should include 3-4 years of accounting in a
manufacturing environment with international operations, including
fixed asset accounting, general ledger and financial statement
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
* Experience in the following is a plus: FAS (Fixed Asset
Accounting software), Quickbooks, SAP (FI-CO, Profitability
Analysis, and SAP Business Intelligence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work in front of a computer for extended periods of
* Occasional standing, sitting, walking, and talking on the
This is a fast-paced work environment with consistent pressure to
complete duties as outlined above which requires ability to manage
multiple projects at a detailed level and provide support to many
internal departments in a fast-changing environment. Many duties
listed above are time-sensitive and have strict deadlines for
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Hickory , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!