Instructor, Business Administration
Company: Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Salary: $5,045.00 - $5,888.00 Monthly
Location : Hudson, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: FA23-KW03
Division: Career Technical Education-Curriculum
Opening Date: 08/24/2023
Closing Date: 9/17/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
Instructor, Business Administration provides accessible, quality
learning experiences within the classroom, laboratory, clinical,
and/or distance learning settings; facilitates the learning process
to help students be successful; provides accurate, quality academic
and career advisement for students; seeks professional development
opportunities to implement best practices in teaching within their
discipline area; maintains office hours according to institutional
policy; completes required course assessments and documentation in
an accurate and timely manner; attends college meetings, student
activities, institutional functions; and contributes to the
development of curriculum courses and programs.
Examples of Duties
Essential responsibilities and other duties may include, but are
not limited to, the following:
- Plans and delivers accessible, quality instruction that
enhances student learning and ensures students' understanding of
- Instructs 15-22 contact hours, in either curriculum,
non-curriculum, or business and industry, each semester; prepares
objectives, assignments, assessments, instructional and
supplemental materials, grading standards, and attendance policies
in accordance with college and department policies; develops course
syllabi to be distributed; keeps online courses regularly updated;
and begins and ends class as scheduled.
- Ensures the classroom environment (seated, online, or hybrid)
is appropriate for all student learners through equity, inclusion,
and globalization by using multiple teaching frameworks, such as
Culturally Responsive Teaching and Universal Design for
- Ensures availability for all students, in the classroom and
through distance learning, by maintaining established office hours,
offering availability by appointment, and by responding to
electronic communication in an appropriate, timely manner.
- Maintains and completes accurate records of student attendance
and grades as indicated by institutional policy, and submits all
final reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Remains knowledgeable with program and/or transfer requirements
to deliver accurate, quality academic and career advising to
- Develops new courses and/or revises course content and outcomes
in area as needed; recommends appropriate course textbooks,
supplies, software, and equipment; provides input into the
development of the program's course sequence and the course
- Participates in institutional effectiveness processes,
including program review, course outcome assessment, and grants;
contributes to the development of the division's plans of action as
- Participates in the academic program's recruitment and
retention efforts; reviews and provides recommendations for the
program publications, webpage, publicity, and other community
relations activities and events.
- Collaborates with colleagues to ensure quality instruction and
the successful implementation of department, division, or
- Supports collaboration with other divisions and departments to
align comprehensive credit and non-credit courses and programs
- Attends workshops, seminars, and conferences; makes
presentations to outside agencies as a representative of the
college; researches and implements best practices in teaching in
the assigned area of study; participates in thirty (30) hours of
professional development activities each academic year, including
required employee training offered by the college.
- Mentors part-time instructors to ensure quality instruction,
assisting with measuring course outcomes, developing outlines and
assessments, and completing forms, grades, and attendance reports,
- Actively supports the college's initiatives of retention,
progression, and completion leading to the success of all student
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of the college by
adhering to all policies, procedures and faculty guidelines.
- Serves on standing and ad hoc committees and focus groups;
researches and develops recommendations related to academic and
instructional programs; maintains contacts with business, industry,
and professional organizations for the purpose of keeping
instructional programs current.
- Participates in the development and delivery of public
information efforts; supports college functions and cultural
- Assists with inventory of programmatic equipment; assumes
responsibility for labs and other facilities designated primarily
for the assigned program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position description covers the most essential functions and
duties associated with this position. The President or appropriate
supervisory personnel may assign additional duties. The college
reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions,
working hours, and job title with or without notice.
Qualifications and Working Conditions
- Principles and techniques of instruction, including the use and
implementation of the UDL framework.
- Principles and techniques of implementing diversity, equity,
inclusion, and globalization within courses and programs.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Principles and techniques involved in assessment.
- Safe work practices and procedures.
- Operational characteristics of equipment and tools used in the
area of work assigned.
- The mission, goals and objectives of CCC&TI.
- Current trends, research and development in the area of
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and
- Interpret and apply college and assigned division goals,
objectives, policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contribute to the teaching and learning of mission, goals and
objectives which complement those of the college.
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws,
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations of the department.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment in a safe and
The instructor should have the ability to effectively handle a work
environment and conditions which involve an office and classroom
workspace, and working closely with others.
The instructor must maintain the office and teaching environments
by maintaining equipment and supplies, ensuring overall
cleanliness, functionality, and conformance to OSHA standards to
provide a safe work environment.
Physical and marginal functions require the ability to maintain
physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned
duties and responsibilities, which may include the following;
standing, walking or sitting for extended periods, moderate lifting
and carrying, general manual dexterity, operating assigned
equipment, and extended exposure to computer screens.
The instructor is required to maintain effective audio-visual
discrimination and perception needed for making observations,
reading and writing, operating assigned equipment, communicating
with others, and handling varied tasks simultaneously.
Additionally, the instructor must maintain mental capacity, which
permits making sound decisions and using good judgment,
demonstrating intellectual capabilities, and evaluating the
effectiveness of programs and personnel.
This is a full-time, 9-month position. This position requires a
minimum of 36 hours weekly in direct service to the institution.
The instructor must be on campus or at an approved alternate
location for 27 hours per week, Monday through Friday, and allows
flexible scheduling for the remaining nine hours.
Local travel between the Caldwell campus, Watauga campus, or any
off-campus sites may be needed. Out of state travel is limited, but
may be required for training and conferences.
Experience and Training
Master's degree in Business Administration from a regionally
accredited college or university, or Master's in a related field
from a regionally accredited college or university with 18 graduate
semester hours in discipline.
Experience teaching or working at a post-secondary level and/or 3
years' experience in a business-related field. At least two years
of industry experience in management, marketing, and/or
entrepreneurship is preferred.
Experience using a learning management system to teach hybrid and
distance education courses is preferred.
Click the link below to visit the CCC&TI website for a detailed
list of benefits available for our full-time employees.
Keywords: Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute, Hickory , Instructor, Business Administration, Education / Teaching , Hudson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!