Diesel Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd
Company: J.B. Hunt
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for
performing basic maintenance, service, and repair of J.B. Hunt
tractors and other equipment. Technicians must be able to complete
all fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units meet J. B.
Hunt specifications at all times. This position has the possibility
to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts
including nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it
requires full-time attendance.
Come join a team where family comes first and safety matters!
- $20.01- 30.42/ hour
- $150 Yearly Boot Allowance
- 40 hours guaranteed!
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Be proud to come to work in a clean professional environment with
vast opportunities for growth and advancement!!
Applicants can be considered for I, II, or Sr. level Tractor
Technician depending on verified years of experience and position
- Demonstrate foundational technical knowledge of preventative
maintenance, replacement of parts/components, and basic repairs as
it pertains to tractor maintenance including but not limited to the
fuel system, battery, engine, drive train, onboard computer,
transmission, air brake systems and FHWA Inspections.
- Accurately perform basic repairs to company and manufacturer's
specifications, complete work orders, and demonstrate proficiency
in company requirements forstandard repair times (SRT) and warranty
- Always maintain professional communication with JB Hunt
personnel and customers.
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety
- Work independently and seek assistance as needed.
- 18 years of age
- 1 year of experience in Semi-Tractor maintenance and repair
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Willingness to work outdoors, in the elements, or across
multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if
- Basic tools are required to successfully perform this role.
These tools must be supplied by the employee in most locations.
Employees without their own tools may obtain them through toolbox
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Air Brakes.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal)
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance
up to 50 pounds).
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to read documents and/or information in
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Basic active listening skills.
- Basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with a
- Basic deductive reasoning skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic time management skills.
Keywords: J.B. Hunt, Hickory , Diesel Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd, Engineering , Conover, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!