Posted on: January 12, 2022
Manufacturing facility is seeking an Operations Manager with
upholstery assembly experience to setup and manage a small Seating
Upholstery and Assembly operation in Hickory, North Carolina.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will be responsible for
the day-to-day management of the site, ensuring that all aspects of
this job description are met and maintained to a standard deemed
acceptable by the company.
The Operations Manager will lead the manufacturing function within
the budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and
standards. Full accountability for ensuring safety, customer
quality, cost and delivery requirements are met. Responsible for
developing an enthusiastic, motivated, and flexible team by
building working relationships as well as ensuring that Health,
Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Manage the
team on best practice and establish standard policies and
procedures while also mentoring and leading teams. Implement and
manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals
by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training,
working practices and processes.
- Responsible for recruiting and retaining, motivating, and
developing staff to create maximum productivity and
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of staff and ensuring
high levels of motivation to create a productive and efficient work
- Set department objectives/ KPIs and review and assess ongoing
performance of direct reports.
- Responsible for sourcing and securing supply chain; maintain
the inventory and replenishing stock as required.
- Responsible for production output and on-time delivery.
- Implement training as and when required to ensure that the team
are equipped with the appropriate skills to meet productivity
- Liaising with other Supervisors across the business to ensure
harmony in working methods and implement continuous
- Ensuring that quality standards are consistently met, and
procedures are adhered to
- Complete regular inspections on finished products to determine
whether they meet established quality standards
- Devising and risk assessing cost effective processes and tasks
to maximize production.
- Lead resolution for any ad-hoc safety, quality, and production
- Complete maintenance checks to confirm that the machinery is in
good working order and perform root cause analysis to resolve
- Ensure complete compliance with health and safety regulations
to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Candidate MUST have experience in upholstery assembly and
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a management role is
essential with experience in budgeting, strategic planning,
resource allocation and human resources
- Knowledgeable about safety, quality, productivity, demand
creation, inventory, and stewardship processes.
- You must possess excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate
an ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to negotiate and manage supplier and customer
- Excellent attention to detail and proven experience of working
- Proven experience in planning and organizing workloads to meet
- Strong team building, decision-making, and people management
Keywords: Hti, Hickory , Operations Manager, Executive , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!