Manager, Security Operations
Company: CommScope Inc.
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network-our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers- we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The Information Security Operations Manager role located in Hickory, NC or Richardson, TX is focused on the management of a dedicated team of global professionals supporting information security solutions. This group is tasked with developing long-range plans that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and immunize risk associated with IT application and network systems vulnerabilities. This role will participate in various projects supporting process improvement and gain operational efficiencies, including creating and reviewing standard documentation. Additionally, the position will work with various line organizations to support business unit initiatives supporting security requirements. The team will also collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture and peer technical teams to holistically engineer high quality infrastructure solutions in support of business initiatives.--
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build effective teams and strong peer relationships, communicating security related concepts to a broad range of individuals
- Ensure service/support and design compliance with approved CommScope and IT practices, standards, procedures and policies.--
- Develop standards, policies and procedures to continually improve the network security infrastructure, solutions, and services that IT delivers.
- Prioritize workload without supervision; ability to define a problem or objective and identify relevant concerns or factors.
- Participate in systems and/or application planning and implementation of information security solutions supporting business requirements.
- Develop network information security strategy, implementation plans, and design solutions.
- Manage ongoing process improvement with customers and business partners to continually streamline security solutions and processes.
- Create and/or maintain documented standards, processes, and procedures in accordance with company policy and best practices.
- Meet or exceed established and agreed upon service level agreements.
- Consult with technical or nontechnical personnel and derive information pertaining to projects or initiatives.
- Assist with audit related issues and maintain accurate records for management review.--
- Develop a strategy that addresses tactical and strategic plans for the advancement of global network security solutions.
- Manage capacity and performance standards / guidelines.
- Participates in vendor management activities.
- Manage personnel including recruiting/hiring, supervision, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, terminations and a commitment to diversity for the global team. Lead, develop and motivate team to deliver excellent technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction and timeliness.
- Establishes budgetary requirements for equipment and services.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, act, control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Commitment to keep up-to-date with IT trends and developments.
- Incumbent will be required to be available 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
- Bachelor's degree in a related curriculum such as IT or a related discipline
- 10 or more years' experience supervising and developing staff.
- 10 or more years' experience providing support in computing and security technologies.
- Broad knowledge of security solutions (Firewalls, Web, Email, Proxy, Network Access, Wireless) DLP, end point security, malware, IDS/IPS, multi-factor authentication
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT-business personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, organization, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to think broadly and strategically about business issues.
- Experience managing remote employees
- Working knowledge of project management.
- CISSP certification preferred.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: CommScope Inc., Hickory , Manager, Security Operations, Executive , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!