Director, Solutions Engineering
Company: Transportation Insight
Posted on: March 11, 2019
Job Title: Director, Solutions EngineeringJOB PURPOSEThe Director of Solutions Engineering is responsible for managing the Solutions Engineering team to developing and implementing logistics solutions that improve the prospective clients business models. The Director will be responsible for partnering with all stakeholders and leadership to engage with Employer s most strategic prospects. The Director will set expectations during the sales cycle to ensure satisfaction and efficiency. The Director of Solutions Engineering will lead collaboration with designated employees, senior-level team members, and prospective customers to validate existing processes and service gaps to drive improvements within the prospective client s enterprise-wide supply chain.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a team of Solutions Engineers and Customer Operations Specialist that develop and deliver solutions to prospective clients.
- Assist VP of Solutions Engineer in the strategy and growth of the internal team
- Develop and refine processes to improve productivity and effectiveness of the Solutions Engineer team.
- Assist VP with the training and development of all associates in Solutions department.
- Serve as a mentor for internal Employer employees with a career path to Solutions.
- Be the main point of contact for responses to prospects, customers, and partners concerns or questions by articulating clear and concise information regarding the benefits of Employer s solutions.
- Work hand in hand with the sales team to promote visibility and opportunities.
- Ensure workloads from the internal team to fully support the sales team.
- Lead assessments of a validated prospects current supply chain program by documenting the current state.
- Hold the internal organization accountable for meeting assigned timelines.
- Lead a cross-functional delivery team to develop a solutions strategy and operational framework.
- Lead in the solution design process by facilitating prospect strategy meetings and coordinating internal resources.
- Ensure all custom presentations are well thought out.
- Create pricing strategies for Employer service offerings that are both competitive and attractive to prospective clients.
- Develop project plans; coordinate projects; complete projects on time; communicate changes and progress.
- Use web meetings and conduct multiple weekly conference calls with the client.
- Act as client and project advocate at TI. Engage internal resources as needed.
- Create a standard approach for the transitioning of clients from the sales organization to
- Lead collaboration with Marketing to develop supporting material for use during the assessment process, demonstration, as well as internal training.
- Develop internal programs to increase and improve performance, close ratio, and revenue growth.
- Implement ongoing improvement efforts by documenting best practices.JOB REQUIREMENTS
- BS degree in business or related field. MBA is preferred and required if Bachelor s degree is not in business or related field.
- Experienced logistics professional with ten plus years of experience in Supply Chain management related fields.
- Minimum 10 (ten) years of complex, consultative, solutions experience is required.
- Direct consulting experience of transportation, logistics, and/ or TMS at the C-Suite decision-making levelKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven success in consistently driving revenue-generating programs with tangible results.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio).
- LEAN / Six Sigma Certification or Experience a plus.
- Detailed oriented, self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time and be able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to readily adapt to change under stress and against tight deadlines.
- Effective problem solver, able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, develop alternative solutions, work well in group problem-solving situations, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to consider a broad range of internal and external factors when solving problems and making decisions.
- Strong informal and formal writing skills.
- Strong PC software skills, including project planning, presentation, and general business applications.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and oral), presentation, organization and planning skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to work as a team member and as a liaison with clients.
- Strong strategic and execution skills with an emphasis on results.
- Ability to listen actively and to respond to questions with complete and accurate answers.
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision and time constraints.**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Standard office environment, usually indoors away from the elements with moderate noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Maintain a stationary position for extended periods; move about the office, operate computers and files, as needed; and frequently communicate with others. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally, the employee is required to lift boxes up to 20 pounds.SCHEDULING
- This is a full-time benefits-eligible position, working Monday through Friday; 8:00 a. m. 5:00 p. m. An employee in this position must be available to work occasionally on weekends and evenings, during peak periods.TRAVEL
- Local travel is required. Out of state travel is limited, but may be required for special training/conferences.DISCLAIMERThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Keywords: Transportation Insight, Hickory , Director, Solutions Engineering, Executive , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!