Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN
Company: New Season
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Clinical Care Specialist/Staff Nurse opening in Hickory, North
Carolina. This and other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by
Are you looking for a change? Would you like to make a positive
impact in the community? New Season is looking for dedicated
professionals passionate about the opioid and heroin epidemic.
For over 30 years, New Season Treatment Centers have been a leading
national health care service provider of outpatient treatment
centers that specialize in providing safe, quality and best in
class care for individuals living with Opioid Use Disorder
Operating in over 70 treatment centers in multiple states, our team
members are engaged in medication-assisted treatment, counseling,
support, and care management of individuals living with OUD. We
treat the whole person and, in so doing, address the underlying
causes of OUD in an effort to provide a continuum of care that not
only addresses treatment needs but supports the patient on their
journey to recovery.
Under the direction and supervision of the Medical Director or
Registered Nurse for medical matters and under the direction of the
Program Director for administrative matters participates in the
promotion and restoration of patients' health, collaborates with
physicians and multidisciplinary team members, and provides support
- Supplies and administers medication pursuant to physician order
and, records dosage administered in the medical record.
- Conducts an actual sight and counts inventory of the medication
- Maintains absolute accuracy in daily accounting of medication
that is supplied or administered in inventory.
- Assumes responsibility for safeguarding medication
- Collects fees in the absence of a cashier position.
- Performs daily cash reconciliation in the absence of a cashier
position; ensures all cash collected is given to the Program
Director daily so the final count can be completed.
- Receives and ensures the accuracy of incoming medication
shipments; advises necessary staff of any discrepancies in a timely
- Ensures disposal of medical waste through the proper
- Observes patient's demeanor prior to dosing and seeks guidance
from the Medical Director or Registered Nurse when an issue or
concern is noted.
- Promptly communicates patient issues or concerns to the Medical
Director or Registered Nurse for medical matters and to the Program
Director for other matters. The former includes but is not limited
to dose requests, behavior, or any other aspect of patient care
that may need to be addressed.
- Contacts other centers to verify dosages as needed.
- Administers appropriate lab tests as required including patient
vital signs, TB tests when required, and collects data for review
by Medical Director or RN.
- Schedules and screens patients to be seen by the Medical
- Assists the Medical Director in collecting data for the history
and physical as required.
- Makes medical record entries as directed by the Medical
Director or RN and consistent with clinic protocol.
- Receives medical orders; ensures that medical orders are
documented and signed by the physician and ensures orders are
understood by Program Director and other staff members as
- Maintains absolute control, tracking, and confidentiality of
all patient medical paperwork.
- Complies with federal and state privacy rules, including 42 CFR
Part 2 and 45 CFR Parts 160 and 164 as well as applicable clinic
policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for obtaining and maintaining proper licensure
and/or certification according to specific state
- Actively participates in CARF preparation and state audit
- Participates in all staff meetings.
- Complies with all Local, State, Federal, and Colonial
Management Group, LP rules, regulations, and policies.
- Acts always in the best interest of patients, the program, and
company; honors, supports, and protects the proprietary rights of
patients and the company.
- Interfaces with the public and patients by answering phones,
greeting visitors, and monitoring patient activities while on
For Minnesota staff only: responsible for satisfying Freedom from
Chemical Use Problems
(Scope of the person's authority, including a list of jobs that
report to this job).
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the competencies (minimum knowledge,
skill, and ability) required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education/Licensure/Certification: Active nursing license in the
state in which the clinic is located.
Required Knowledge: Understanding of opiate addiction, medical
terminology General nursing knowledge, and techniques. Basic
mathematics skills. Must be computer literate and have basic
knowledge of all Microsoft products including Word, Outlook, and
Excel. Must have basic typing skills.
Experience Required: Minimum of 1-year direct patient contact.
Prior experience in the clinical environment is helpful.
Skill and Ability: Must possess excellent customer service and
interpersonal skills. Must have great attention to detail and be
extremely accurate in performing daily functions.
Facebook Page: Colonial Management Group, LP./New Season Is
committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance
with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment
discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin,
ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual
orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or
veteran's status or any other classification protected by
Keyphrases: clinical nurse specialist jobs, clinical specialist
jobs, nursing jobs, nurse jobs, clinical service specialist jobs,
nursing specialist jobs, patient care specialist jobs, certified
nursing jobs, clinical nursing jobs, patient service jobs, patient
service specialist jobs, staff nurse jobs, clinical care specialist
jobs, clinical nursing specialist jobs, staff nursing jobs
Keywords: New Season, Hickory , Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN, Healthcare , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!