Certified Medical Assistant (Tate 2)
Company: Piedmont Plastic Surgery and Dermatology
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description: Certified Medical
AssistantReports to: Clinical Supervisor/Site Manager who has total
responsibility/accountability for the role of the medical
assistant, including: training, validation of competencies,
delegation, supervision and evaluation.JOB SUMMARY:Work directly
under the supervision of the Physician and Clinical Supervisor.
Assist physician in examinations and procedures, in addition to
functioning as a medical scribe in the electronic medical record.
Reinforces and provides verbal and written patient education, as
needed, in direct reflection of Physician orders. Responsible for
maintaining clean, well equipped exam and or procedure
- Escort patients from waiting room to the exam/procedure room in
a timely and courteous manner, then confirms patient identity,
obtains vital signs, and verifies and updates medical history.
- Assist Physician with various procedures and examinations.
- Maintain exam procedure rooms and inventory in orderly fashion
according to 5S principles. Routine stocking of supplies according
to par levels, proper dating and initialing of all opened supplies
- Cleans, sterilizes, and stocks all instruments according to
accepted office guidelines, OSHA, and AAAASF regulations.
- Verifies and documents all prescriptions as directed by
- Provide test results and follow-up instructions to patients as
directed by Physician.
- Performs assigned patient care, under the supervising provider,
which may include: dressing changes, bandaging suture removals, and
the administration of local anesthesia injections.
- Acts as a medical scribe in the electronic medical records
systems to accurately record: detailed medical history, vital
signs, review of systems, chief complaints, exams, diagnoses and
plans, along with prescriptions, pathologies, procedures, and
provider orders. Active listening and verification of accurate
entry of all medical information required. Providing accurate
history to provider prior to every visit, as well as assisting in
the exam room while scribing required.
- Collaborates with team to complete prior authorization
paperwork, lab and pathology result entry, as well as return all
phone calls, with proper documentation, in a timely manner.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times according to
- Engages in active participation of documenting all required
components of meaningful use. Will implement all changing
documentation needs for meaningful use in a timely manner.
- Completes specimen collection and double-verification according
to pathology collection policy protocol.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA, HIPAA, and AAAASF
- Cross-training to competently work in all aspects of the
clinic, including the opposite specialty, is expected and
- Travel to work at any of the other practice locations is
required at times.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs other tasks
as deemed necessary by Physician/Physician Assistant and the
Clinical Supervisor/Site Manager.EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE:Certification or license as a healthcare professional,
Medical Assistant, Nurse Aide or Surgical Technician, required.
Maintaining professional certification is an expectation of the job
and a requirement to work. If not already certified, obtaining and
maintaining credentials may be a condition of hire and would then
become a subsequent job requirement.Note: This job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time and with or without notice.Piedmont Plastic
Surgery & Dermatology is an equal opportunity employer.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position.
Keywords: Piedmont Plastic Surgery and Dermatology, Hickory , Certified Medical Assistant (Tate 2), Healthcare , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!