Charge RN Labor & Delivery
Company: Frye Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Frye Regional Medical Center$20,000 Sign on Bonus Eligible Job
SummaryProvides direct patient care to patients using the nursing
process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of
practice.COMPANY DESCRIPTIONDuke LifePoint Healthcare is a joint
venture of Duke University Health System, one of the country's
leading academic health systems, and LifePoint Health, a leading
healthcare company dedicated to Making Communities Healthier.
-These two forces joined because of the shared interest in
collaborating with hospitals, healthcare providers and patients to
bring high quality, innovative healthcare services to communities.
-Duke LifePoint combines Duke's unparalleled expertise in clinical
excellence and quality care with LifePoint's extensive resources
and knowledge and experience operating community hospitals and
healthcare organizations.Essential Functions
- Supervises and mentors staff during assigned shift. Determines
staffing level and assignments based on staff availability, staff
abilities, census, and patient acuity.
- Provides direct patient care as needed. Floats between staff to
assist with problem-solving.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care, including formal
evaluation, and identifies any issues that affect desired patient
outcomes. Responds to complaints about patient care and related
services, and manages through established channels.
- Performs role-specific duties as assigned, including entering
orders, performing admissions or discharges, and coordinating
transfers. Ensures staff has necessary equipment and supplies to
provide safe, quality patient care.
- Completes unit based audits to ensure proper
- Completes unit based simulation/ drills and competencies for
- Knowledgeable of the Chain of Command and CUS. Reports directly
to Clinical Leader, Director, or House Supervisor.
- The charge nurse role requires strategic thinking and planning,
as well as the ability to delegate tasks appropriately and within
the nursing scope of practice. The charge nurse is responsible for
accounting for the daily census, maintaining a safe environment
through situational awareness, strategic planning, and thinking.
Must have strong, clear, concise communication skills and function
as a team player.Benefits - -Wide range of benefits options!
- Here at Frye, -you choose your own -Medical, Dental, and Vision
plans from a variety of competitive options that give you the
coverage that best fits your needs.
- 401(K) retirement plan contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Assistance with OptumRx
- Income protection programs for the entire family such as life
insurance, Short/Long-term Disability, and Identity Theft.
- Employee Assistance program at no cost to you to provide
emotional, legal, financial, and daily life support for your entire
household. -Services are available 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a
- Free travel and entertainment discount program to ensure you
enjoy your time away from work.
- Vitality Employee Wellness Plan allows you to take up to 30%
off of your bi-weekly health insurance premiums. -You also accrue
points which allows you to buy merchandise or gift cards at no cost
to you. -Why join our team?Frye Regional Medical Center employs
more than 1500 professional and clinical staff. -Our medical center
is a 355-bed acute care facility which offers a broad array of
inpatient and outpatient care. -Frye Regional Medical Center is
dedicated to providing patients with a full range of services to
meet the healthcare needs of our community. -We believe our
employees are our most valuable assets in accomplishing this goal
and we have made great strides to ensure employee satisfaction. -If
you are passionate about changing lives, we are looking for
Keywords: Frye Regional Medical Center, Hickory , Charge RN Labor & Delivery, Healthcare , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!