Company: Frye Regional Medical Center
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Job Summary To render professional nursing care to a group of
assigned patients within the hospital. Collaborates with the
medical staff and other members of the health care team to provide
quality patient care. Performs all activities in accordance with
approved policies and guides. Supervises and delegates appropriate
duties to ancillary personnel. COMPANY DESCRIPTION Duke LifePoint
Healthcare is a joint venture of Duke University Health System, one
of the country's leading academic health systems, and LifePoint
Health, a leading healthcare company dedicated to Making
Communities Healthier. These two forces joined because of the
shared interest in collaborating with hospitals, healthcare
providers and patients to bring high quality, innovative healthcare
services to communities. Duke LifePoint combines Duke's
unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence and quality care with
LifePoint's extensive resources and knowledge and experience
operating community hospitals and healthcare organizations.
- Assess and evaluate the organization of supplies, equipment,
unit needs and initiates changes, as deemed necessary, working with
departmental staff and nursing leadership. The lead will also
follow up on changes until fully implemented.
- Contribute to policy development and updates.
- Environmental Rounding- ensures that equipment and department
is clean and items in good repair. Submits monthly environmental
rounding reports. Notifies nursing leads of needed items and
- Participate with interviews of prospective new hires for their
- Ensure that cart checks, medication drawer checks are completed
monthly and outdated supplies are removed.
- Monitor quality improvement projects and indicators for
department, collect data and submit monthly report to Clinical
- Assist with promoting staff development, assessing educational
- Encourage ideas from the team and work collaboratively with
them on implementation when feasible.
- The Lead will promote positive team dynamics and work to
improve the patient experience.
- Demonstrates skills in sterile technique and maintaining the
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of surgical instruments and
- Ensure that operative consents are in order.
- Knowledge and compliance of AORN standards and practices.
- Provides orientation for new staff members as needed or
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety, quality and
positive patient experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, CMS,
National Patient Safety Goals (NPSGs), HIPPA and continued
readiness related to healthcare or hospital standards. Benefits -
Wide range of benefits options!
- Here at Frye, you choose your own Medical, Dental, and Vision
plans from a variety of competitive options that give you the
coverage that best fits your needs.
- 401(K) retirement plan contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Assistance with OptumRx
- Income protection programs for the entire family such as life
insurance, Short/Long-term Disability, and Identity Theft.
- Employee Assistance program at no cost to you to provide
emotional, legal, financial, and daily life support for your entire
household. Services are available 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a
- Free travel and entertainment discount program to ensure you
enjoy your time away from work.
- Vitality Employee Wellness Plan allows you to take up to 30%
off of your bi-weekly health insurance premiums. You also accrue
points which allows you to buy merchandise or gift cards at no cost
to you. Why join our team? Frye Regional Medical Center employs
more than 1500 professional and clinical staff. Our medical center
is a 355-bed acute care facility which offers a broad array of
inpatient and outpatient care. Frye Regional Medical Center is
dedicated to providing patients with a full range of services to
meet the healthcare needs of our community. We believe our
employees are our most valuable assets in accomplishing this goal
and we have made great strides to ensure employee satisfaction. If
you are passionate about changing lives, we are looking for you!
Minimum Education Associate's Degree in Nursing required Bachelor's
Degree in Nursing preferred Licenses/Certifications Licenses:
Current RN license to practice in NC (NC licensure or multi-state
(compact) license).Basic Life Support (BLS) required Minimum Work
Experience 1-3 years preferred and recent acute care experience or
OR experience within past 3 years preferred Equal opportunity and
affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in
candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected
Keywords: Frye Regional Medical Center, Hickory , RN-Coordinator-Ortho, Healthcare , Hudson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!