Part Time Team Lead
Posted on: November 22, 2022
At LensCrafters, we're passionate about bringing people better
sight. And it takes thousands of people from all backgrounds to do
By joining our team, you'll learn about the optical industry while
developing the customer service and sales techniques needed to grow
in your career.
LensCrafters is the largest optical retailer in North America with
1,000+ stores and as part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica,
our higher standard of quality has made LensCrafters a leader in
vision care for over 35 years.
The Team Lead creates exceptional value in the lives of customers &
patients by delivering exceptional customer service. Ensures
customers & patients are always delighted. Assists in the
achievement of store success by managing key optical & lab
processes (if applicable) & systems to exceptional results.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While working in Retail
* Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed customer service to
all customers and patients with every visit.
* Assists customers in selecting frames & lenses that are best
suited for them. Suggests improvements & recommends solutions.
Assists associates with difficult & complex areas.
* Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying
reasons for recurring problems; goes beyond symptoms to get to root
cause; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems.
* Performs work accurately & thoroughly as required. Demonstrates
superior product knowledge.
* Strives to achieve exceptional results with every customer and
patient every time.
* Serves as a responsible alternate store key holder.
* Brings associate opportunities to the attention of management
directly & in a timely manner.
While working in Lab, if applicable
* Custom fits glasses & precisely places prescription in
* Works with associates to strengthen their knowledge, skill, &
certification for foundational product & store processes related to
lens and lab technology.
* Edges & mounts only when needed & within company guidelines.
* Ensures finished eyewear meets optical standards & customer
* Ensures associates complete training, & routinely conducts
eyewear inspections with excellence.
* Completes & files store & lab paperwork thoroughly & accurately
in a timely manner. Ensures associates are trained & skilled in
doing the same.
* Ensures approved safety programs are implemented & maintained
consistently per standards.
* Creates a safe working environment for all. Demonstrates safe
* Responsible for basic operation, cleaning & ongoing maintenance
of lab tools & systems.
* HS diploma/GED
* 1+ year experience
* Strong optical & retail experience
* Knowledge of current optical theory & merchandise
* Strong communicator & listener
* Strong inter-personal skills
* Strong basic math skills
* Sales skills
* Problem solving ability
* Familiarity with cash register, computers & calculators
* Leadership & training experience
* Edging & mounting experience
* Basic optics knowledge & optical measurement experience
* State licensure (if applicable) &/or ABO Certification in
* LensCrafters Final Eyewear Inspector Certification
* LensCrafters Quality, Fitting & Adjusting Program
* Optical machinery/instruments experience
* Customer service experience
* AccuFit Digital Measurement System certification
* Knowledge of current store merchandise & lens options
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will
provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To
request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica
Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide
your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being
perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or
stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military
status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful
discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or
maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics
protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance
with Tribal Law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $23.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 2 years
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Hickory, NC 28602: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
* Retail Store Managers: 1 year (Required)
* Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: LensCrafters, Hickory , Part Time Team Lead, Hospitality & Tourism , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!