CDL CLASS A DELIVERY TRUCK DRIVER - $5,000 SIGN-ON - $65,000 - $70,000
Company: McLane Company
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job Summary / General Description:
- Average pay: $65,000 - $70,000 per year
- Accelerated pay based on experience
- Sign-on bonus: $5,000
- Day 1 benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with annual company match and paid holidays and sick time after your first 90 days
- Home time: You start on the extra board as you're learning the business, so you'll need to be flexible with your availabilty. After you bid off the extra board, you'll work 2 days on/2 days offMcLane Salisbury services customers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia, and Tennessee.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 124 years of success. We're looking for teammates with perseverance, that don't mind taking the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we'll pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that's an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You're the person they see week after week. You'll develop strong relationships that create value and trust with our customers. The variety of tasks you'll perform on each route will ensure you're never bored. You'll deliver and unload products safely and on time to multiple stops each route.
All McLane drivers must be at least 21 years old.
You must have a valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A) and at least 1 year or 50,000 miles of tractor-trailer driving experience.
You'll start on the extra board, so schedule flexibility is critical.
Essential Job Functions / Principal Accountabilities:
- Stacking and sorting delivered goods
- Picking up merchandise as needed
- Checking vehicle and equipment pre- and post-trip
- Checking load inventories against invoice for accuracy
- Unloading via ramp and hand truck
- Securing empty pallets in trailer
- Maintaining the cleanliness of your truck
- Returning equipment to its storage location after useMinimum Qualifications and Requirements:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a drug test before hire.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A)
- Have a minimum of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer driving experience
- Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Bring a high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity to controlling a tractor-trailer and preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment
- Be able to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 pounds
- Undergo a background check as well as a drug testNC-Salisbury
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Associated topics: cdl a company, chofer clase a comercial, class a truck, company driver, company driver solo, company driving needed, hazardous material, over the road driving, regional driving, regional driving route
Keywords: McLane Company, Hickory , CDL CLASS A DELIVERY TRUCK DRIVER - $5,000 SIGN-ON - $65,000 - $70,000, Hospitality & Tourism , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!