BI Application Developer
Company: CommScope Inc.
Posted on: November 1, 2018
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network-our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers- we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As a BI Application Developer, you will develop Business Analytics solutions that provide historical, current, and future state of business. Gather requirements from business, collaborate with application analyst to understand business process, data sources, and develop data models, ETL, and Analytics solutions including Business Objects universes, Dashboards, Mobile analytics, Statistical analytics, and Data mining solutions. Determine the logical design and information management strategies necessary to store, move and manage data in a new target state or an alternative version of an existing state.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview business users to understand business process and performance improvement goals to develop data management functions such as data models, ETL, reporting, and analytical solutions. Develop functional scope document, resource and time estimates. Explain Analytical/Reporting systems capabilities and limitations to business.
- Participate in development or create and implement overall modeling standards guidelines, best practices and techniques adaptable to business needs. Ensure that critical modeled information assets are represented in the enterprise architecture (EIA) and follow the design guidelines and requirements of EIA.
- Perform detailed data analysis using established data model to develop system integration solutions. Ensure business data adheres to rules identified in requirements gathering session. Identify and resolve data issues.
- Plan and write the code that links various sources of data together. Implement solutions, including reconciliation, testing, and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide technical support to business clients by performing thorough root cause analysis and develop a solution to prevent production issues. Proactively monitor check lists to eliminate future issues.
- Identify training and communication requirements and deliver to business clients through appropriate mediums.
- Develop project scope, schedule, and resource estimates, adhering to company software development methodology and standards. Prepare project status reports and present project status reports to project stakeholders.
- Work with global BI resources and Collaborate with different functional team members to complete the projects on time.
- Provide on-call support on a rotation basis.--
Education & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science and or more years related experience--
- Experience in gathering requirements, identifying appropriate Analytics solutions that identifies business opportunities and solve business problems at hand highly preferred
- Knowledge of database management system (DBMS) physical implementation, including tables, joins and SQL querying.
- Ability to work independently, and collaborate with different functional teams in IT and Business that are in different geographic areas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills--
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: CommScope Inc., Hickory , BI Application Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!