Posted on: February 8, 2020
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a
highly collaborative culture. Global success hasnt changed our
tight-knit feel weve simply grown into a larger, more diverse
family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage
all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find
them in another company it truly is a special place.While reporting
to the Manager, you will be responsible for performing tasks
necessary to provide high quality, efficient, timely shipment of
Sonoco products. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to
achieve success. You must have a proven record of success in a
fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to work with
various teams and be an effective problem solver. You will take
pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities,
organizational skills and attention to detail.Day to day
- Packing roll stock from the Slitting and Press
- Assisting Slitter Operators in any secondary slitting
operations with the primary focus of increasing NEFPM on the
- Train to operate folder/perforator when material scheduled for
- Responsible for assisting Slitter Operator in the areas of:
Moving and wrapping pallets, staging rolls to be slit, keeping
department supplied with necessary materials, cutting cores,
emptying trash and trim bins, reclaiming rolls on re-winder, and
packing rolls with proper labels, boxes and pallets.
- Assures samples are collected for QA/Customer Service as
requested on the work order.
- Moves finished goods to the Wrapping staging area.
- Reviews scheduling list, prepares required materials to
properly execute production of production orders.
- Keeps recyclables, cores, cardboard, etc. segregated and stored
in an orderly fashion.
- Operates slitter equipment and fills in for PTO and/or absences
as requested and/or require.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform essential functions of this job:
- Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and
crouch or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or
operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and
arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and
hear.This position is located in Hickory, NC
- A High School Diploma or equivalent education and six to twelve
months job experience is typically needed to become proficient in
most aspects of the job. Must have good reading and math skills in
order to properly understand and run orders. Must be able to read
ruler and measure in inches (to 1/16), centimeters and
- Requires the ability to understand work orders as it relates to
customer specifications on the work order.
- You will need to be able to read and interpret work orders
- Experience operating a fork lift or lift truck is a great
plusWe care about the health and wellness of you and your family.
That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it
easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you
and your family.We are an equal opportunity employer, and we
strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against
employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race,
color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any
legally protected characteristic.Founded in 1899, Sonoco (NYSE:
SON) is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging,
industrial products, protective packaging, and displays and
packaging supply chain services. With annualized net sales of
approximately $5.4 billion, the Company has 23,000 employees
working in approximately 300 operations in 36 countries, serving
some of the worlds best known brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco is
committed to creating sustainable products, services and programs
for our customers, employees and communities that support our
corporate purpose of Better Packaging. Better Life. The Company
ranked first in the Packaging sector on Fortunes Worlds Most
Admired Companies for 2019 as well as Barrons 100 Most Sustainable
Keywords: Sonoco, Hickory , Slitter Assistant, Other , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!