HBF, an industry leader in workplace furnishings and a top brand
in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a Machine
Operator 2 to join our team in Hickory, NC!
Primary Purpose: Operates woodworking equipment in production
work involving surfacing, cutting shaping and fabricating wood
product parts utilizing skills and dexterity in the operating,
feeding, and disposing functions. Operates three or more key
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Operate woodworking machines
- Inspects the quality of all work.
- Makes machine adjustments to ensure satisfactory
- Inspects work for defects and machined parts to ensure job
specifications are maintained.
- May pull required fixtures, holding devices and material.
- May insert tools in tool holders or install pre-set tools in
- May set tools as necessary.
- May adjust tool travel distance.
- May input required program intructions.
- Selects, set up, installs, and adjusts saw blades, cutter
heads, and boring bits using hand tools and rule.
- Starts machine and makes trial cut.
- Operates machines to saw (variety saw); smooth and shape wood
parts; trim (double end trim) to cut tenons and mortises (tenon
machine); to bore holes (boring machine); to cut slots, grooves,
and designs in wood stock (router).
- May use contour bander to add edging.
- Counts and records production and stacks material uniformly on
What it takes:
- Ability to consistently meet high quality/quantity performance
- Must comply with company rules, regulations, and safety
- Ability to work in a factory environment that may incur
temperature fluctuations averaging around 50 degrees in the winter
and 100+ degrees in the summer months.
- Exposure to dust, fumes, and noise.
- Fast paced work environment driven by standard production goals
based on customer demand.
- Ability to work up to 10-hour days as the schedule
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace
furnishings and building products, operating under two segments.
The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and
provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple
unique brands. The residential building products segment is the
nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products,
which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and
pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the "Top 100 Best
Managed Companies in the World", by Fortune magazine as "The Most
Admired Company" in the furniture industry; and named by Chief
Executive Magazine as one of the world's best companies for
HBF is a leader in beautifully designed, exquisitely crafted and
exceptionally constructed products. These products represent the
finest in contemporary design, reflecting the essence of current
culture while evoking a timeless, transcendent appeal. To realize
this vision, HBF works with luminaries in the visual arts....those
whose expansive talents are woven into a tapestry of uncommon
design. These rare and gifted individuals delight in collaboration
with HBF, as our singular capabilities bring their creations to
life. And so entwined, our products inspire.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual
overview of our organization.