Certified or Registered Medical Assistant - FryeCare Urgent Care (Conover) - PRN (as needed)
Company: LifePoint Hospitals
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As a part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, our community hospital
is being supported with more resources than ever before. Duke
LifePoint combines Duke University Health System's unparalleled
expertise in clinical excellence, quality and patient safety with
LifePoint Health's financial resources and extensive operational
experience - making our hospital even stronger.
Duke LifePoint Healthcare's pledge to our hospital and the
communities we serve is quality, expertise and commitment.
- Quality is the cornerstone of Duke LifePoint, and it is the
central focus of everything the organization and our hospital
strive to achieve.
- Duke LifePoint pledges to bring a wealth of expertise and
resources to strengthen the already excellent care our hospital
- And, Duke LifePoint's commitment is to work collaboratively
with our hospital to make our community healthier by strengthening
local healthcare delivery for the future.
For more information about Duke LifePoint, visit
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy,
objectives, policies and procedures.
- Adheres to HIPAA compliance plan and privacy standards.
- Demonstrates support for organizational compliance by being
knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the
Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules,
regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that
affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and
reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by
taking vital signs, history, medication listing, assessing visual
acuity and determining chief complaint.
- Assesses patients' physical and mental status.
- Completes all necessary documentation in the patient's medical
record in accordance with practice's charting policy.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical
treatments, exams and medical procedures.
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular
and subcutaneous and intradermal injections.
- Performs venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients
- This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments in
accordance with practice policies.
- Stocks rooms in preparation for the daily work schedule.
- Takes inventory of medical and exam room supplies.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment
requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and
other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants,
radiation, and other hazardous substances.
- Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for
testing as ordered by the physicians.
- Notifies appropriate insurance personnel to pre-certify
surgeries or tests ordered by the physician or other health care
provider, which require pre-certification by the insurance
- Answering office phones, assisting front desk in scheduling
appointments and directing calls appropriately.
- Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral
processing and scheduling process.
- Assist in other functions of the physician practice as
High school diploma/GED required with completion of an
accredited Medical Assisting Program.
CMA or RMA Certification REQUIRED.
CPR certified through AHA
Keywords: LifePoint Hospitals, Hickory , Certified or Registered Medical Assistant - FryeCare Urgent Care (Conover) - PRN (as needed), Other , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!