HBF, an industry leader in workplace furnishings and a top brand
in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of an Upholsterer 2
to join our team in Hickory, NC!
Primary Purpose: In a safe manner, play an important part in
assembling complex upholstery components to complete all
upholstered product for Hickory Soft Seating.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Read ticket to very style, components.
- Use pneumatic equipment to assembler chair frame parts.
- Apply black bottom and assemble legs using impact tools.
- Sets up, adjust, and operate all equipment related to the
upholstering of chairs change drill settings.
- Apply bolts to applicable styles, torque to required
- Cut holes for black bottom and apply hardware.
- Lift base on to chair and attach.
- Assemble upholstered parts to complete a finished unit.
- Change over all equipment between styles.
- Apply tags and law labels in proper location for each
- Check finished product and adjust all non-standard and variable
settings to ensure close tolerances and consistently high
- Perform other work within or outside the area as needed and as
assigned by supervisor or lead.
- Maintain consistently high quality and quantity performance
- Keeps work area clean and in an orderly manner.
- Drive quality standards and safety culture and compliance
through policy, process, and action
What it takes:
- 1+ years' experience in furniture seating manufacturing.
- Excellent eye/hand coordination
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift various size chair frames, pull fabric tight by
- Ability to work in a factory environment that may incur
temperature fluctuations averaging around 50 degrees in the winter
and 100+ degrees in the summer months and where dust fumes and
noise are commonplace.
- Ability to work up to 10-hour days as the schedule
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work safely around machinery.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace
furnishings and building products, operating under two segments.
The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and
provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple
unique brands. The residential building products segment is the
nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products,
which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and
pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the "Top 100 Best
Managed Companies in the World", by Fortune magazine as "The Most
Admired Company" in the furniture industry; and named by Chief
Executive Magazine as one of the world's best companies for
HBF is a leader in beautifully designed, exquisitely crafted and
exceptionally constructed products. These products represent the
finest in contemporary design, reflecting the essence of current
culture while evoking a timeless, transcendent appeal. To realize
this vision, HBF works with luminaries in the visual arts....those
whose expansive talents are woven into a tapestry of uncommon
design. These rare and gifted individuals delight in collaboration
with HBF, as our singular capabilities bring their creations to
life. And so entwined, our products inspire.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual
overview of our organization.