Machine Operator 2nd and 3rd shift
Company: Sonoco Products
Posted on: June 6, 2021
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly
collaborative culture. Global success hasnt changed our tight-knit
feel weve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have
thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our
associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in
another company it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible
for performing tasks necessary to provide high quality, efficient,
timely shipment of Sonoco products. Excellent attendance is crucial
for the team to achieve success. You must have a proven record of
success in a fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to
work with various teams and be an effective problem solver. You
will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities,
organizational skills and attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Assumes full responsibility for the complete operation and
production of the press, including the quality of all printed
- Responsible for print job set up, including plates, sleeves,
ink match, make ready, anilox rollers, and verifying film.
- Responsible for maintaining required levels of materials (ink,
film, etc.) to keep press running efficiently.
- Responsible for the print quality including, print position,
correct copy, UPC codes, register, and impressions.
- Responsible for accounting for all film used and/or returned
- Places roll tickets and weights on each roll. Maintains
accurate records in Shop Floor computer.
- Returns all inks, plates/sleeves, film, etc. to the proper
locations with proper identification upon completion of an
- Learns the functions of the Press Operator; the Press Assistant
could be called upon to fill in during the absence of a Press
- Perform other duties as directed or requested by Shift Leader
or Production Manager.
This position is located in Hickory, NC
- We prefer you to have experience in an industrial environment
(manufacturing or distribution). You will need to be comfortable
working in a pressroom environment where varying temperatures,
noise, solvent and ink odors are present, within established OSHA
- You will need to have basic math skills and the ability to read
a tape measure or ruler
- A technical knowledge of inks, colors or film properties would
be a plus
- You will need to be able to read and interpret work orders
- Experience operating a fork lift or lift truck is a great
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That
is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it
easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you
and your family.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and
do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any
other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national
origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital
status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, or any legally protected
Keywords: Sonoco Products, Hickory , Machine Operator 2nd and 3rd shift, Other , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!