Group Director - Inside Sales and Customer Relations
Company: AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
Posted on: October 8, 2021
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company,
serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from
1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
The Group Director – Inside Sales & Customer Relations provides
executive leadership for AmeriGas Call Centers driving profitable
sales, through their effective leadership of the inside sales
channel, business development tactics, and performance management.
Collaborates across AmeriGas to develop and execute sales and
marketing strategies by implementing programs and tools that drive
base business growth. Responsible for meeting revenue goals
generated through 120+ ISC employees. This position also
oversees customer affairs including public relations, industry
affairs, and external customer communications.
- Experienced and skilled leader in Call Centers, adept at
managing a rapidly expanding, geographically dispersed team.
- Skilled at navigating a matrix environment across autonomous
regions, providing guidance on and alignment with the various
cross-functional teams and at all levels of the organization.
- Combines executive communication skills to influence all levels
of the organization.
- Mentors, develops and guides the ISC and colleagues.
- Ability to develop relationships with industry, government,
business, and regulatory stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the successful operation and
the performance of the Inside Sales Center.
- Provides sales leadership and demonstrates a comprehensive
understanding of sales environment and issues
- Prioritizes resources against opportunities and secures
investment when needed.
- Manages to an optimal headcount and structure; builds and
sustains alignment to maximize salesforce productivity.
- In collaboration with the marketing department, drives sales
and marketing strategies to achieve growth, revenue, and
- Works on successful retention programs to drive customer
retention in top geographies for our residential and commercial
- Partners with the Human Resources to develop job descriptions,
enlist recruitment efforts and manage the development of all Inside
Sales Center roles.
- Directly responsible to lead Inside Sales Managers and
functional support staff; selects, coaches, retains, and
motivates/manages direct report performance.
- Work closely to determine strategic objectives for the company
in relation to legislation and regulations that are conducive to
company growth and profit improvement to include impacts on
customer retention and business development activities
- Attend council and/or board meetings as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leader in sales and contact centers; drives performance
to achieve key performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships
and secure resources/investment.
- Effective multi-processing and superior time management skills;
able to navigate and negotiate complex situations
- Superior strategy, business planning, and problem
- Excellent motivation and culture building skills.
- Strong knowledge of business systems and tools (CRM, SAP,
Microsoft office products, database, internet)
- Superior leadership skills to manage a diverse and
geographically dispersed sales team.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience; MBA
- 10+ years’ experience in Contract Center Management
- In-depth knowledge of inside sales strategy, tactics,
marketing, and customer requirements. Experience operating in an
industry with regulatory and safety requirements a plus.
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally
protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to
submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background
check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if
hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance
with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in
safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain
positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an
authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such
positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied
hire on that basis.
Keywords: AmeriGas Propane, Inc., Hickory , Group Director - Inside Sales and Customer Relations, Other , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!