HBF, an industry leader in
office furniture design and manufacturing, and a top brand in
Corporation enterprise, is in search of
a Gluer to join our team in Hickory,
Primary Purpose: In a safe
manner, play an important part in applying glue to chair frame and
poly using pneumatic sprayer for Hickory Soft Seating
Some of the essential aspects of the position
- Transfer chair frame form WIP cart to Glue Station
- Read ticket to verify style, components
- Use pneumatic equipment to apply glue to chair frame and
- Sand edges of poly with sand paper by hand to meet quality
standards for each style
- Uniformly shape and glue poly to chair frame with spray
- Checks finished product and makes adjustments to all
non-standard and variable settings to ensure close tolerances and
consistently high quality
- Transfer chair frame from Glue Station to WIP cart
- Perform other work within or outside the area as needed and as
assigned by supervisor or lead
- Maintains consistently high quality and quantity performance
- Keeps work area clean and in an orderly manner.
- Drive quality standards and safety culture and compliance
through policy, process and action
What it takes:
- Excellent eye/hand coordination
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift various size chair frames
- Ability to work in a factory environment that may incur
temperature fluctuations averaging around 50 degrees in the winter
and 100+ degrees in the summer months and where dust fumes and
noise are commonplace
- Ability to work up to 10-hour days as the schedule
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work safely around machinery.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer
of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two
segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a
leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The
residential building products segment is the nation’s
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include
a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces,
inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the
“Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”,
by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired
Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief
Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies
for leadership development.
HBF is a leader in beautifully designed,
exquisitely crafted and exceptionally constructed products. These
products represent the finest in contemporary design, reflecting
the essence of current culture while evoking a timeless,
transcendent appeal. To realize this vision, HBF works with
luminaries in the visual arts....those whose expansive talents are
woven into a tapestry of uncommon design. These rare and gifted
individuals delight in collaboration with HBF, as our singular
capabilities bring their creations to life. And so entwined, our
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual
overview of our organization.