HBF, an industry leader in workplace
furnishings and a top brand in the HNI
Corporation enterprise, is in search of
an Assembler 2 to join our team in
Primary Purpose: Assemble and or glue
parts to form sections, frames and or complete furniture product.
Utilizes glue and clamps to drill holes, drive screws and reinforce
joints or attach hardware. Assembler 2 builds sub-assemblies and
final clamping operations.
Some of the essential aspects of the position
- Retrieve stock needed to build piece.
- Read tickets prior to building frames to verify options.
- Set up clamp (if applicable) on first piece in a batch and
check set-up for squareness.
- Final assemble piece using hammer and/or proper amount of glue,
- If required, clamp final assembly.
- On some styles, build arm assemblies in clamp due to difficulty
- On some styles, apply glue to chair frames in preparation for
upholstering and uniformly shape and glue poly to chair frame with
- May use staples, screws, and joint reinforcement blocks as
required by company specifications. Make sure joints are closed
tightly, individually checked for squareness.
- Properly clean off glue squeeze out.
- Apply tickets to piece.
- Set aside completed sofas or loveseats on end. Set aside chairs
to go to leveling area.
- Properly store tools and supplies at end of shift.
- Wears all required all PPE; work safely at all times and
reports all unsafe practices to Supervisor.
What it takes:
- Ability to consistently meet high quality/quantity performance
- Must comply with company rules, regulations, and safety
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, stoop and bend for extended periods of
- Fast paced work environment driven by standard production goals
based on customer demand.
- Ability to work up to 10-hour days as the schedule
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer
of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two
segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a
leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The
residential building products segment is the nation’s
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include
a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces,
inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the
“Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”,
by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired
Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief
Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies
for leadership development.
HBF is a leader in beautifully designed,
exquisitely crafted and exceptionally constructed products. These
products represent the finest in contemporary design, reflecting
the essence of current culture while evoking a timeless,
transcendent appeal. To realize this vision, HBF works with
luminaries in the visual arts....those whose expansive talents are
woven into a tapestry of uncommon design. These rare and gifted
individuals delight in collaboration with HBF, as our singular
capabilities bring their creations to life. And so entwined, our
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual
overview of our organization.