Part-Time 2nd shift Furniture Cutter 2 (4:30 PM - (9:00 PM)
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: October 10, 2021
HBF, an industry leader in workplace
furnishings and a top brand in the HNI
Corporation enterprise, is in search of
a Fabric Cutter 2 to join our team in
Primary Purpose: Performs cutting
operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality
standards. Cutter 1, cuts pads and fabric and material handling and
bundling operations. Cutter 2 perform Cutter 1 operations, runs CNC
Cutting equipment, marks fabric and leather, and cuts leather.
Some of the essential aspects of the position
- Reads tickets for style, materials, and special
- Sorts tickets according to cutting stackability and cutting
- Verifies material to electronic standards.
- Verifies and documents Thread Color requirements
- Locates correct patterns/lay-up requirements, and check
fabric/leather for defects.
- Verifies that materials and pattern correspond to ticket.
- Check dye lots of materials and hides.
- Marks and cuts pads, fabric, and leather to proper pattern size
- Marks and bundles all parts and places in proper storage on
table or rack.
- Inspects work for defects and ensure job specifications are
- Records all yardage, cut information, and name on proper
- Labels and returns all hides, fabric, and partials to proper
- Assist in loading fabric on the Gerber Cutter (Cutter 2
performs CNC cutting operations also)
- Place sub-assemblies in proper location based on production
- Track production on schedule boards
- Maintain equipment and work area in an orderly manner.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Wears all required PPE; works safely at all times and reports
unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Cross trains in department and supporting departments as
What it takes:
- Ability to consistently meet high quality/quantity performance
- Must comply with company rules, regulations, and safety
- Reliable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of
- Work extended hours or days as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate information, both orally and
written, and respond to questions.
- Ability to complete calculations for fabric usage.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, while maintaining a
positive attitude and approach under pressure.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer
of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two
segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a
leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The
residential building products segment is the nation’s
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include
a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces,
inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the
“Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”,
by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired
Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief
Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies
for leadership development.
HBF is a leader in beautifully designed,
exquisitely crafted and exceptionally constructed products. These
products represent the finest in contemporary design, reflecting
the essence of current culture while evoking a timeless,
transcendent appeal. To realize this vision, HBF works with
luminaries in the visual arts....those whose expansive talents are
woven into a tapestry of uncommon design. These rare and gifted
individuals delight in collaboration with HBF, as our singular
capabilities bring their creations to life. And so entwined, our
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual
overview of our organization.
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Hickory , Part-Time 2nd shift Furniture Cutter 2 (4:30 PM - (9:00 PM), Other , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!