HBF, an industry leader in workplace
furnishings and a top brand in the HNI
Corporation enterprise, is in search of
a Furniture Sewer 2 to join our team in
Primary Purpose: Meet all sewing quality
standards by sewing and matching fabric and thread in a safe,
dependable, and timely manner that meets production and/or service
Ability to set up and operate sewing machines to produce
completed upholstery pieces to be used by downstream internal
customers (cloth, leather or vinyl). Including the ability to meet
all flatwork operations or top stitch/double needle operations with
Some of the essential aspects of the position
- Pick bundles off table and carry to sewing machines.
- Check ticket for style and fabric and leather number.
- Always make sure that thread matches fabric/leather/vinyl.
- Sew all seams, topstitch when necessary and topstitch all
- Check work to make sure it meets quality standards.
- Write name on back of ticket.
- Tie up bundles and place on table for final inspection.
- Maintains equipment and work area in an orderly manner.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Wears all required PPE; works safely at all times and reports
unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
What it takes:
- High School or GED; able to read tickets and work
- 1-2 years sewing experience, preferably in upholstery.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team.
- Must understand product and supplies required for the
- Must be able to follow standard work.
- Must have good time-management skills.
- Must have ability to consistently meet high quality/quantity
- Must comply with company rules, regulations, and safety
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer
of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two
segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a
leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The
residential building products segment is the nation’s
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include
a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces,
inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the
“Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”,
by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired
Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief
Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies
for leadership development.
HBF is a leader in beautifully designed,
exquisitely crafted and exceptionally constructed products. These
products represent the finest in contemporary design, reflecting
the essence of current culture while evoking a timeless,
transcendent appeal. To realize this vision, HBF works with
luminaries in the visual arts....those whose expansive talents are
woven into a tapestry of uncommon design. These rare and gifted
individuals delight in collaboration with HBF, as our singular
capabilities bring their creations to life. And so entwined, our
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual
overview of our organization.