2nd shift Machine Operator 2
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: October 10, 2021
HBF, an industry leader in
workplace furnishings and a top brand in
Corporation enterprise, is in search of
a 2nd shift Machine Operator
2 to join our team in Hickory, NC!
Primary Purpose: Operates
woodworking equipment in production work involving surfacing,
cutting shaping and fabricating wood product parts utilizing skills
and dexterity in the operating, feeding, and disposing functions.
Operates three or more key machines.
*$1.00 shift premium*
Some of the essential aspects of the position
- Operate woodworking machines
- Inspects the quality of all work.
- Makes machine adjustments to ensure satisfactory
- Inspects work for defects and machined parts to ensure job
specifications are maintained.
- May pull required fixtures, holding devices and material.
- May insert tools in tool holders or install pre-set tools in
- May set tools as necessary.
- May adjust tool travel distance.
- May input required program instructions.
- Selects, set up, installs, and adjusts saw blades, cutter
heads, and boring bits using hand tools and rule.
- Starts machine and makes trial cut.
- Operates machines to saw (variety saw); smooth and shape wood
parts; trim (double end trim) to cut tenons and mortises (tenon
machine); to bore holes (boring machine); to cut slots, grooves,
and designs in wood stock (router).
- May use contour bander to add edging.
- Counts and records production and stacks material uniformly on
What it takes:
- Ability to consistently meet high quality/quantity performance
- Must comply with company rules, regulations, and safety
- Ability to work in a factory environment that may incur
temperature fluctuations averaging around 50 degrees in the winter
and 100+ degrees in the summer months.
- Exposure to dust, fumes, and noise.
- Fast paced work environment driven by standard production goals
based on customer demand.
- Ability to work up to 10-hour days as the schedule
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer
of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two
segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a
leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The
residential building products segment is the nation’s
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include
a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces,
inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the
“Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”,
by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired
Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief
Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies
for leadership development.
HBF is a leader in beautifully designed,
exquisitely crafted and exceptionally constructed products. These
products represent the finest in contemporary design, reflecting
the essence of current culture while evoking a timeless,
transcendent appeal. To realize this vision, HBF works with
luminaries in the visual arts....those whose expansive talents are
woven into a tapestry of uncommon design. These rare and gifted
individuals delight in collaboration with HBF, as our singular
capabilities bring their creations to life. And so entwined, our
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual
overview of our organization.
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Hickory , 2nd shift Machine Operator 2, Other , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!