Product Development Project Manager
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: October 10, 2021
HBF, an industry leader in workplace
furnishings and a top brand in the HNI
Corporation enterprise, is in search of
a Product Development Project Manager to
join our team in Hickory, NC!
Primary Purpose: Plans, organizes and
controls an assigned product line from acceptance of signed
business case through customer readiness stages. Projects are to
meet all standards laid out in the business case. This includes
financial goals, aesthetic and comfort goals and launch dates.
Some of the essential aspects of the position
- Ability to work on multiple projects and understand task
- Understands business case defined product specifications,
including dimensional, performance, and visual specifications, and
then manages those specifications as they relate to product
management, quality, operations, and supplier relations.
- Drives the implementation and management of all CAD modeling
throughout the PLM process, including management of all product
engineering drawings and Product Data Management engineering
- Works with production, other engineering disciplines,
marketing, sales, and quality to implement designs and ensure that
project goals are met.
- Monitors quality and design issues and resolves issues to
reduce customer pain points.
- Participates in activities as appropriate to ensure the success
of the organization.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work individually as well as with a team.
- Must have excellent creative problem-solving skills and make
sound engineering, financial, and business decisions.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability, while maintaining a
positive attitude and approach under pressure.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both written and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of Creo software.
- Ability to learn quickly and master core engineering
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or
one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to conduct engineering analyses as required to support
technical development related to product.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering solid models and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of
technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
- High level of competency in managing projects including
formulation of project timelines, resource allocation, risk
management, and problem resolution.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once; must show
ownership of project responsibilities and follow through to
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with
management, subordinates, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and
- Takes ownership of technical issues and resolve them in a
- Ability to drive projects to completion.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and
- Good communications and organizational skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and associated Microsoft
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer
of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two
segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a
leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The
residential building products segment is the nation’s
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include
a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces,
inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the
“Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”,
by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired
Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief
Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies
for leadership development.
Leveraged Furniture Operations (LFO)
is the branded name for our furniture manufacturing and operations
structure. This encompasses all roles in manufacturing, plant
engineering, supply chain, distribution and logistics, as well as
some roles in finance and accounting, and human resources. By
centralizing these key functions, we enhance our efficiencies,
reduce costs, and ultimately improve our customer’s experience with
HNI! When you accept a role in LFO, you’ll have the
opportunity to make a significant impact on both our future and
yours with work that matters, empowerment and autonomy, and growth
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual
overview of our organization.
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Hickory , Product Development Project Manager, Other , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!