Fabric Cutter 2 (2nd Shift)
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: September 24, 2022
HBF, an industry leader in workplace furnishings and a top brand
in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a Fabric Cutter
2 to join our team in Hickory, NC! Some of the essential aspects of
the position include:
- Reads tickets for style, materials, and special
- Sorts tickets according to cutting stackability and cutting
- Verifies material to electronic standards.
- Verifies and documents Thread Color requirements
- Locates correct patterns/lay-up requirements, and check
fabric/leather for defects.
- Verifies that materials and pattern correspond to ticket.
- Check dye lots of materials and hides.
- Marks and cuts pads, fabric, and leather to proper pattern size
- Marks and bundles all parts and places in proper storage on
table or rack.
- Inspects work for defects and ensure job specifications are
- Records all yardage, cut information, and name on proper
- Labels and returns all hides, fabric, and partials to proper
- Assist in loading fabric on the Gerber Cutter (Cutter 2
performs CNC cutting operations also)
- Place sub-assemblies in proper location based on production
- Track production on schedule boards
- Maintain equipment and work area in an orderly manner.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Wears all required PPE; works safely at all times and reports
unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Cross trains in department and supporting departments as
needed.What it takes:
- Ability to consistently meet high quality/quantity performance
- Must comply with company rules, regulations, and safety
- Reliable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of
- Work extended hours or days as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate information, both orally and
written, and respond to questions.
- Ability to complete calculations for fabric usage.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, while maintaining a
positive attitude and approach under pressure.We look forward to
hearing from you! Why HNI Corporation?HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI)
is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products,
operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is
a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential
building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and
marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas,
electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves,
facings, and accessories. As one of the larger employers in Iowa,
HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of
the "Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World", by Fortune
magazine as "The Most Admired Company" in the furniture industry;
and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world's best
companies for leadership development.HBF is a leader in beautifully
designed, exquisitely crafted and exceptionally constructed
products. These products represent the finest in contemporary
design, reflecting the essence of current culture while evoking a
timeless, transcendent appeal. To realize this vision, HBF works
with luminaries in the visual arts....those whose expansive talents
are woven into a tapestry of uncommon design. These rare and gifted
individuals delight in collaboration with HBF, as our singular
capabilities bring their creations to life. And so entwined, our
products inspire. We invite you to visit us at for the best visual
overview of our organization.EEO/Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled"
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Hickory , Fabric Cutter 2 (2nd Shift), Other , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!