LSS Black Belt
Company: Shurtape Technologies, LLC
Posted on: June 11, 2019
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The main responsibility of the position is to support the
leadership team in achieving cost, revenue, service, and quality
objectives via progression towards world class levels; and
developing a sustained Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Works with various departments to provide project leadership as
it pertains to cost savings, quality improvement, service
improvement, and/or new product development projects. Activities
may include, but are not limited to:
* Collaborates with Plant Management, Quality Management, Product
Management, etc. to identify and reduce/eliminate chronic sources
of customer complaints, raw material quality issues, waste/scrap,
and improve production inefficiencies.
* Works closely with Executive and Plant Leadership to select
* Leads and facilitates improvement projects, utilizing Lean Six
* Provides leadership and mentoring to the organization.
* Performs capability and other statistical assessments with
appropriate follow-up work to reduce variability and/or achieve OEE
* Provides summaries, conclusions, and presentations related to
project completion and findings.
* Creates key process ows and/or value stream maps.
* Develops recommendations and implements improvements to support
corporate and plant goals, requirements, and sustainment of
* Acts as a technical resource for key products and processes.
* Assists with the maintenance of our ISO system to the appropriate
standard. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
* Support for ISO quality systems at the corporate and/or plant
* Initiates/revises work instructions.
* Customer complaint investigations.
* Re nement of our testing frequencies and methods based on
customer needs and statistical analysis.
* Gage R&R studies.
* Completes yearly objectives set forth by Management
* Promote use of Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools (DMAIC, Lean,
Kaizen, Supplier, and Design for Six Sigma).
* Conduct classroom instruction for Yellow Belts and Green Belts,
as well as Executive/Project Sponsor Workshop and Project
Identification and Selection Workshops.
* Coaching and mentoring of Yellow and Green Belt teams.
* Facilitate/support other business initiatives as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Extensive knowledge & experience of working with Lean Six Sigma
continuous improvement and problem-solving tools and
* Proven experience in implementing and delivering results for
cross functional Lean Six Sigma Continuous Improvement project
teams, preferably in both manufacturing and transactional
* Ability to understand and constructively challenge current
practices in the search for continuous improvement.
* Experience in coaching individuals and teams through change to
* Self-directed, yet team oriented work style; creative, problem
solving, and assertive; keen ability to prioritize independently
with minimal direction beyond initial direction and focus;
possesses a high level of initiative and independent work ethic;
detail-oriented and comfortable in a result-oriented
* Exceptional interpersonal skills; possesses an ability to
proficiently communicate verbally and in writing with customers,
suppliers, and at various levels in the organization. Demonstrated
ability to work effectively and build business relationships at
various levels in the organization. Capability to develop and
communicate multi-level plans.
* Analytical; strong mathematical aptitude; possesses a natural
ability to translate, calculate, interpret, and communicate data;
excellent numerical and measurement skills.
* Extensive spreadsheet and database management skills; advanced
user of Excel and Minitab for varying, non-routine, ad hoc
statistical analyses and specialized tool development. Capable of
analyzing and utilizing data, without becoming lost in the
* Can think/ act / react strategically and systematically (i.e.
solution oriented rather than xating on obstacles).
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize work for self and teams
whilst handling changing priorities.
* Looks to exceed expectations through difficult challenges,
finding solutions not problems.
* Motivated by helping others to achieve deliverables.
* Adapts style to coach and mentor individuals and develop
* Demonstrated understanding of project management principles.
* Proven written and presentation skills.
* Familiar with ISO 9001 standards.
* Experience with planning methodologies including MRP, ERP, and
inventory/supply chain management.
* Competency in MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
* Solid background in quality and/or manufacturing, continuous
improvement, and/or Lean Six Sigma.
* At least three years' experience as a certified Lean Six Sigma
* Bachelor's Degree in a related business or technical discipline,
or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or
* An advantage would be familiarity with adhesive and web handling
manufacturing ows, product lines, and adhesive tape product
* Professional project management certification preferred.
* Training in change management methodology preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Sitting for extended periods of time
* Talking on the telephone
* Walking through manufacturing plants.
* No heavy lifting
Provide a brief description of the physical requirements of the job
and the work environment in which the job is performed.
* Time split between climate controlled office environment, and
ambient manufacturing & logistics environments. Requires use of
appropriate PPE (e.g., safety-toe shoes, safety glasses, hearing
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Hickory , LSS Black Belt, Other , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!