Company: Sonoco Products Company
Posted on: January 11, 2020
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly
collaborative culture. Global success hasn t changed our tight-knit
feel we ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have
thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our
associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in
another company it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Plant Engineer, you will be responsible for
safely performing preventative and break down repairs on all
production equipment, building mechanical maintenance and related
systems. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve
success. You must have a proven record of success in a fast-paced
environment. You must have the ability to work with various teams
and be an effective problem solver. You will take pride in your
personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills
and attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities include:
* Installing, troubleshooting, testing, repairing and maintaining
of equipment and machinery used in the plant.
* Assisting other maintenance personnel with repairs, projects and
* Collaborating closely with other departments and teams
* Maintaining a safe, clean and organized work area.
* Manage small projects to maintain or upgrade equipment
* Performing all duties in support of Sonoco s quality and safety
This position is in our flexible packaging plant in Hickory,
* We want you to have 5+ years experience in an industrial
environment, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or installing
manufacturing equipment, including pneumatic and/or hydraulic
equipment and rotating equipment.
* We d love for you to have a 2-year technical degree in Electrical
Mechanics, Mechatronics or a similar field.
* Candidate must have exceptional skills in the areas of
electricity, electric components, variable-speed drives, and PLC
* It would be a huge plus if you have machine
* Working independently and managing multiple tasks simultaneously
* Off shift position that may require overtime including
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That
is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it
easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you
and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and
do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any
other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national
origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital
status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, or any legally protected
Keywords: Sonoco Products Company, Hickory , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!