Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Be part of the future!
We are one team, dedicated to working collaboratively to create
purposeful solutions that propel the world forward. We hope you
will join our diverse team of top people - you bring your talent,
and we'll give you the space and opportunities to grow and succeed.
We are committed to make a difference.
What we offer:
- Competitive Starting Pay
- Paid Training
- Global Advancement Opportunities
- Company Vehicle (as applicable)
- Referral Bonuses
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- And More! What you will do:
- Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a
brief description of equipment/system malfunctions.
- Responsible for contacting customer representative and
ascertain equipment/systems problems.
- Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic
fire alarm systems and other related building system products at
- Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to
technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins,
modification notices, etc. to repair equipment.
- Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers'
Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals,
specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and
operational product manuals.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently
communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure
- Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through
communication devices, such as smart phones and laptop
- Obtain customer signature upon completed service call
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation. Help to train or
mentor others on the service team.
- Perform other duties as assigned. What we look for:
- 5+ years documented experience in low voltage electrical
systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse
Call, and Paging systems.
- Valid Fire Alarm License
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals,
and operational/product manuals. Knowledge of test equipment,
multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and
moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such
as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40
feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and always follow safety
guidelines and procedures
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and ability to
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and
- Completion of SimplexGrinnell 4120 Network training within 12
- NICET Level II certification strongly preferred
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Hickory , Fire Installer, Professions , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...