Senior IT Security Analyst
Company: CommScope Inc.
Posted on: November 1, 2018
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network-our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers- we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As an Senior IT Security Analyst at our Hickory, NC, Joliet, IL or Richardson TX location, you will be accountable for planning and architecting security solutions for the global corporate environment for in-house computer systems, servers, and networking devices. You will manage and process logs, analyzing network traffic, establishing and updating virus and vulnerability scans, and troubleshooting. You will also analyze and resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion and conduct user activity audits
- Work with various stakeholder, IT groups, business groups and external experts (vendors) to enhance security posture of software & products.
- Train and guide other staff on the best security practices and the recommended processes for maintaining a secure environment.
- Assist global security teams to align strategic direction, monitor security status and assess overall posture of core network and endpoint controls
- Support implementing and maintaining continuous process for technical security standards for major technologies in accordance with industry best practices
- Partner with global IT and security teams, gather the security requirements and recommend security products, services and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness routes and processes.
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Provide technical expertise and support in security assessments, design, developing, monitoring and supporting enterprise infrastructure environment
- Maintain current and expert level knowledge emerging security alerts and issues
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with business associates.
- Deploy, manage, maintain, and interpret all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and anti-virus software.
- Oversee the administration of end user accounts, permissions, and access rights to include bitlocker.
- Research and recommend hardware/software technologies in support of business and application requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 7 or more years of hands on experience in the fields of IT and Cyber Security
- Ability to perform basic scripting to analyze and automate repeatable processes---------------
- Experience working in complex, diverse and global (international) environments
- Experience with McAfee product suite to include TIE management administration including local firewall policies and McAfee ePO console support with report creation
- Excellent technical writing skills for developing and maintaining all relevant documentation.
- Ability to provide level 3 support
- Familiar with security and perimeter technologies, including but not limited to Qualys, Splunk
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and coordinate efforts of team members to quickly address security related issues and events
- Able to architect and implement complex hardware, software, and system improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Possess strong customer service and team skills--
- Experienced in supporting enterprise deployment projects, assisting in coordination, scheduling and implementation activities
- Strong grasp of operational processes, IT general controls, security controls and vulnerability management
- Well versed in secure configuration of operating systems, databases and network technology layers
- Expert level knowledge of 2 or more key security technologies
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences (verbally and written).
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Relevant industry certifications such as CISSP, CCNA-Security, Security+, MCSC, GIAC, PMP, LEAN and Six Sigma are desired
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: CommScope Inc., Hickory , Senior IT Security Analyst, Professions , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!