Company: CommScope Inc.
Posted on: November 1, 2018
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network-our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers- we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As An Integration Architect--at our Hickory, NC headquarters, you will deliver high quality Integration architecture solutions for a large multi-generational customer experience programs spanning one or more business domains, to support organizational missions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to and help create enterprise integration principles and standards based on industry best practices - Web solutions, Java, API and EDI
- Work on multiple projects utilizing waterfall and agile methodologies to provide target-state solutions that best fit the business requirements and align to enterprise goals
- Create and maintain the target Integration architecture and blueprints along with strategic roadmaps
- Maintain reference architecture and define shared application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools
- Provide guidance for prototypes of the system design and work with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processX
- Plan and lead proof of concepts (POCs) in support of new technology (APIs and EDI) and/or new design approaches
- Provide high-level design choices and recommendations based on architecture alternative analysis
- Drive buy vs build solutions and decisions based on reviewing products and capabilities within the enterprise as well as leading products and technologies in the industry
- Effectively communicate designs and solutions in multiple forums and to various audiences including technology and business executives.
- Collaborate with other Enterprise architecture resources within the organization and enterprise
- Offer technical guidance on technical standards, including coding standards, tools, or platforms
- Lead and train senior development team resources with respect to best practices for the following: Java API services using XML, SOAP and REST
- Design and Architect EDI to APIs strategy for supply chain services
- Lead design and development efforts for resources using APIs, java, xslt and business process language to drive reusable, decoupled and scalable long-term solutions
- Support leadership in future strategies for existing developed Java APIs and Sterling EDI business processes
- Lead design meetings, translate business requirements to long-term enterprise, scalable solutions
- Assist developers and technical design experts in trouble-shooting and design best practices--
- Communicates and articulates technical decisions that consult towards decisions across LOB and technology throughout the enterprise
Education & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or--a related curriculum and 12 years related experience
- 5 + years Large scale technical delivery experience with SOA and API projects and relevant experience in the software architecture
- 3+ years of experience with supply chain services experience
- Experience or understanding of Electronic data interchange (EDI) processing and be able to design EDI concepts as a reusable API to be exposed to customers
- Prior experience in digitalization and automation solutions for front end customer facing interfaces that integrate with back end ERP
- Design and development experience in modern platforms using Sterling B2Bi and API gateway, REST/API integration, Cloud Native Solutions, Containers, Micro services
- Proficient in areas of SOA, API and service governance, multi-channel services and events
- Ability to define solutions to solve large scale, complex business problems with high resiliency, scalability, performance and concurrency requirements
- Ability to research and understand new technology solutions and present essential comparisons, and articulate to management pros/cons, and target use cases and solutions.
- Adept at IT operations, Agile and Waterfall Methodology, Software Development Lifecycle, and Systems Architectures
- Ability to collaborate with business and technical resources to understand and develop value-based solutions that meet business requirements, translating strategy and objectives when necessary
- Ability to lead discussions in an evolving environment focusing on team and organizational success
- Ability to represent architecture in various architecture forums within the enterprise and senior management
- Ability to travel internationally--
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: CommScope Inc., Hickory , Integration Architect, Professions , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!