Company: Shurtape Technologies, LLC
Posted on: February 9, 2019
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Plant Engineer/Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing the activities of the Maintenance Department including supervising all maintenance personnel, initiate safe work practices in all areas of the facility, administer training program for Maintenance personnel, minimize breakdowns and overall efficient operation of all facilities and equipment, participate in planning efforts toward facility and/or equipment modifications or additions, continuous improvement in company operations, and adhere to all company safety and operating policies. The Plant Engineer/Maintenance Manager may manage capital projects and assist with process engineering as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Supervise maintenance personnel activities
* Interview, hire and train personnel, discipline and discharge personnel according to company policy, and guide personnel as necessary
* Supervise the activities of all contracted personnel including maintenance service workers, waste haulers, HVAC contractors, Hoist Inspectors, Elevator Technicians etc. and generates work scopes and other contract components
* Approve applicable invoices for payment
* Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Maintenance Department
* Ensure adequate inventory of critical components are available at all times
* Ensure the Maintenance Department is adequately stocked with necessary general supplies, hand tools, power tools and specialty tools
* Plan and execute activities which provide continuous improvement in the company's manufacturing practices
* Plan and administer an effective preventive maintenance program
* Plan and administer an ongoing maintenance training program which may include establishing targeted programs with local community colleges and/or training consultants
* Work with Engineering Manager to establish yearly operating and capital budgets
* Maintain operations within the constraints of approved yearly budgets
* Work with other departments as necessary to plan seamless modifications to, or the addition of, facilities and/or equipment
* Ensure safe work practices and company policies are followed
* Adhere to established environmental procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* BSME or BSEE or equivalent applicable experience in a manufacturing environment
* 5+ years' experience in a similar supervisory role in a manufacturing environment
* Familiar with company philosophy, procedures, and practices
* Strong familiarity with manufacturing environment and equipment
* Excellent leadership skills
* Strong working knowledge of plant engineering principles and practices
* Excellent computer skills (i.e. scheduling, word processing, project planning, design of experiments, etc.)
* Strong work ethic with the ability to effectively perform with little to no supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
* Frequent talking on telephone and/or radio, sitting, typing and writing
* Ability to lift, climb, push pull, reach, bend or extend on a regular basis
The work environment for this position is typical of a manufacturing atmosphere.
* Varying conditions (dust, oil, grease, hot, cold and humid temperatures, fumes, noise, etc.)
* Wear proper PPE in the manufacturing area (shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Hickory , Engineering/Maintenance Manager, Professions , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!