Senior Business Intel Architect
Company: Shurtape Technologies, LLC
Posted on: March 10, 2019
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Sr. Business Intelligence Architect is responsible for aligning technology solutions with business strategies. Those occupying this position conduct business process analyses, needs assessments and preliminary cost versus benefit measurements; communicate trends and requirements between customers and IT; develop specific data structures or implementations for a set of end users within a business; serve as a point person for programs that form an architecture for handling data, including databases, data warehouses and other storage resources; work on tasks like linking legacy or enterprise software to BI applications or platforms, and creating or handling metadata that help programs use data more efficiently and accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned)
* Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) reporting objects within the SAP data warehouse and in the Cognos transactional warehouse management reporting system (OLTP)
* Leads the development of reporting requirements from start (extracting from ERP or other sources) to finish (end-user reports)
* Architects new data models based on business processes and requirements, and on best data warehouse practices
* Designs and implements extract, transformation and load (ETL) functions related to the loading of OLAP cubes and data warehouse
* Monitors data loads to and from the data warehouse and corrects issues that may arise in a timely manner
* Responsible for the day-to-day integrity of OLAP data and for identification and resolution of performance issues
* Develops customized and complex reports to meet varied business needs
* Configures and maintains security systems for user access
* Acts as a liaison to the business-user community, promoting the use of the data warehouse and its associated tools through training and ongoing information sharing
* Responsible for planning and executing BI Application system upgrades and for coordinating the data warehouses during upgrades of other IT systems
* Creates solutions for future business intelligence needs by working collaboratively with departments across the enterprise
* Participates in continuing education programs to keep abreast of the latest technological improvements and advancements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above. The job requirements and physical demands listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill, and/or ability to perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Four year college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or Business
10+ years of function business experience in a data warehouse and an ERP system
Detailed knowledge of SAP's Business Warehouse and IBM's Cognos systems
Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
ABAP Programming skills
Extensive SQL experience with a minimum of 3 years relational database development
Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and other subject matter experts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Working at Shurtape is about more than just making the world's best tape. It's also about how great people, good ideas and pride in a job well done make our friends and our competitors sit up and take notice. We're about keeping our promises and building relationships that last - with our customers and with our work force. We ask for the best from our employees and offer our best in return, by providing an exceptional work environment. Each analyst is provided a work station, laptop computer, T&E card, yearly budget for continual education, and other tools required to meet expectations. Analysts are expected to travel domestically and internationally as required to meet project deadlines, gather requirements, train users, and implement software. The majority of work is performed in an office environment; however, occasionally analysts are required to work in a manufacturing or distribution facility including the shop floor
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Hickory , Senior Business Intel Architect, Professions , Hickory, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!